Friday, October 17, 2008

Upton, Mass to Storrs, Conn







Time: 4:57:03 Total Distance: 65.42 miles Today's Distance: 65.42miles Avg. Speed 12.5

Today was rough, my Mom and Robin left me in Upton Mass at 1:30 which was great except I needed to really make time to get to Storrs before night fall, but the landscape had other plans... Connecticut has so many hills I love riding and I love hills but when I have a destination I need to reach before the sun goes down it can be pretty rough. I felt as though I was always going up hill and indeed I was I rode up a huge hill and then down a tiny one, and then simply repeated alll day. At the lowest point I was at five hundred feet and at the highest I reached 2000 feet, needless to say trying to do that fast it hurt, alot.
I didn't reach the UCONN campus 7:00 pm it was dark and it's a huge Campus but I managed to find my friends Jason dorm and we are right now waiting for his RA to show up and then we're going to get something to eat, which excites me to no end I have burnt 8000 calories today. So I'm goning to get out of here and get something to eat.

Lee

No comments: