Saturday, October 11, 2008

What I'm Doing


Over the past couple of years since highschool and inbetween semester of college I have been travelling the world, or at least the parts I have been able to afford. After highschool I lived in Spain and used that time to travel in Europe a bit, I've travelled to most of the US states with the exception of the deep south. My goal is to return to Europe soon specifically to Belgium, however before I do that I have one last thing to do in the states.

In all of those places I've been to I've ridden my bicycle; I've been an avid cyclist for just about as long as I can recall, recently however (since I discovered racing) I have become especially obsessed with making cycling not just a hobby but a way of life. A few months ago I sold my car because I hadn't used it since spring. And now I'm going to ride my bicycle down the east coast and then across the country, as a way to stay in shape during the racing off season and finally cross the southern US off my list of places to travel.

So that is my plan, I will hopefully over the next 2-3 months travel almost 5,000 mile on my bicycle and emerge from my trip with a good aerobic base for the beginning of next year's race season and be able to hold my own when I make it to Europe.

This photo is of me out in Wyoming during one of my prior wandering, it's not really on topic, but it's the only picture I have of my self right now.

1 comment:

Auntie said...

Good Luck Honey,

I'll be following your adventure closely. I say, do it now while you're young and can!

Love,
Auntie Daryll